Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recommendation of the Week

Lula Magazine

Lula is a gorgeous artsy-fashion-y magazine from the UK that's published quarterly. I recently discovered that they revamped their website and added a few videos that preview content from the latest issue. Two of the three videos on the site feature artists that are profiled in the magazine (the third video is less good, a bit creepy, and might be just a glorified ad for Topshop clothing). I especially recommend watching the video "Her Eyes are a Blue Million Miles". It shows the artist Miranda July giving a tour of her very fun, clever, whimsical garden sculptures. I also love the dress and shoes she wears.
I'm thinking of adding this "Recommendation of the Week" as a weekly blog feature. I enjoy the "Smart People Recommend..." Buzz Board section of The Daily Beast and think it might be fun to do my own version. What will I recommend next week...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails