Monday, November 23, 2009

Things I like today, part deux

Last week I posted about some things I'd seen recently that I especially liked, including some pretty cloth-bound editions of classic novels. Well, I found another bunch of editions of classics with really unique and pretty cover art. These are all the Penguin Classics Deluxe Editions and I first saw them mentioned in the Vogue Editors Holiday Wish List. I spotted one in person at Borders this weekend, and that started me off on a treasure hunt around the fiction section to see how many others I could find.

Pride and Prejudice

Huck Finn

Moby Dick

The Scarlet Letter

and Wuthering Heights, front...

...and back. Those last two are my favorites. They make me think of Cathy with a dash of BlackApple style meets Heathcliff with a dash of Edward Cullen.

And on a related note, remember those adorable candles-wearing-ski-caps I mentioned? Update: I now have one that I got for my birthday! It looks so cute sitting on my dresser that I've come to think of it as an inanimate little pet of sorts. Plus, it makes my apartment smell like an Anthropologie store, which is a good thing in my book. (thanks again Leslie!)



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails