Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Build Me Up, Buttercup

This is the first in a two part series about some new cupcake discoveries. Let's start with Buttercup. In all of my forays to Magnolia, Crumbs, and Babycakes, I seemed to have missed stopping at this bakery until just recently. Apparently two people started Magnolia together, then one broke away to open Buttercup. Or possibly the other way around. In any case, Buttercup and Magnolia are kind of like the step-siblings of the cupcake world.

Overall verdict: The taste was very similar to Magnolia, especially the frosting. I enjoyed the sugar sprinkles that Buttercup put on top, but generally like Magnolia's light pastel frosting colors better. Maybe I should set up a blind taste test. (And, yes, that would just be an excuse to justify eating two cupcakes at once.)

1 comment:

  1. it looks good....but is that really how they frosted it? i like my cupcakes to look fancy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails