Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Freshly Squeezed

The oranges have been so sweet and delicious lately that the other day, when I found myself with a bowlful of more than I could eat, I decided to finally try out the juicer attachment on my food processor.

I sliced up a couple and started juicing away, feeling like Ina Garten (minus the friend preparing a flower arrangement in another room).

It wasn't yielding as much juice as I expected, so I added a couple more oranges. When I finally had enough for a nice little glass I took a sip...

...and it was kind of gross! Not exactly pulpy, but thick. More like orange puree than orange juice. So disappointing, and a waste of otherwise good oranges. Has anyone else tried this? Is there a trick that I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails