Tuesday, May 3, 2011

1+1= Too Easy

In the past week, I've whipped up a couple of quick, homemade desserts that only require two common ingredients each.

When a milkshake craving hit, I picked up some milk and chocolate ice cream to try making my own. After some pretty self-explanatory blending of the two, I ended up with a cool and refreshing treat.


Another day, inspired by an idea from sterlingstyle, I decided to make my own peanut butter chocolate bars.

Melt together some semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter.

Spread onto some wax paper and refrigerate for a bit.

Break into wedges and eat. The result is like a slightly fudgier version of a chocolate bark.

I'm sure I don't have to point out the danger of the easiness factor here. It makes it hard to resist indulging in dessert when both of these require only slightly more effort then, say, picking up a piece of fruit or opening up a Greek yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm these look like good treats! A coworker suggested buying Oreo pie crust, putting some canned cherries in the bottom, then spreading Cherry Garcia over it. Freeze, then cover with whipped cream and shaved chocolate before serving. I can't wait to try it!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog--I will definitely be checking back with yours regularly!

    Looks & Books

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails