Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Carolina in My Mind

If you're thinking that Sullivan's Island by Dorothea Benton Frank looks like one of those typical women's fiction novels....well, you're right. It is. The main reason why I picked it up is because of its setting- Charleston, South Carolina and the surrounding coastal islands. After vacationing there a couple of times, it's become an area that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, the book- with an okay story and some questionable dialogue (the author makes a seven-year-old character sound like a thirty-year-old, and a teen from the nineties sound like a teen from the fifties)- wasn't quite enough to take me back there.

Instead of dwelling on any negative impressions, I would have shared some pictures from my past trips to Charleston. BUT...my hard drive crashed last week and I lost everything, save a handful of documents that I serendipitously backed up just days before.

The Apple store installed a new hard drive for me, although I think it's still time for me to start thinking about replacing my older MacBook in the next year or so. A MacBook Pro seems like it might be the right choice, although the tiny MacBook Air is also kind of tempting. If anyone has any opinions about either one- or has any preferred methods for backing up your files on a regular basis- I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I always go back to Southern comfort in the summertime too. It's the best!

    Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
    B.
    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails