Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Making Up

This is the pattern I tend to fall into with makeup: I find a product, love it, start using it all the time and vow that I'll never be without it again. Then, a certain amount of time passes and I start to get antsy. I read about something new, can't resist the pull of Sephora, and suddenly the old favorite is relegated to the bottom of my makeup bag. To be honest, this cosmetic fickleness is half the fun of wearing makeup in the first place.

There are two products, though, that I've become extremely loyal to. I've kept going back to them over and over for the past year or so. I've just about used them completely up, which is a rare feat for me, and am pretty sure I'll be buying more once they're completely gone.

My first favorite is Medieval lip color by Lipstick Queen. They say it's a universally flattering shade, and I truly believe it. It gives a lightweight coating of color that bright enough to make it look like you're wearing red lipstick, but sheer enough so that you don't feel like you're Wearing Red Lipstick.

Next, is Philosophy's Divine Illumination Love At First Light Skin Luminizer. Kind of a mouthful to say, but a great product to use. Another universal color, it can be applied all over the face or just as a highlighter, and gives a fresh, dewy look. It's usually the last thing I swipe into my cheeks before I leave the house.

Do you have any longtime beauty favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I'll have to try these out.

    I love MAC lipstick in Hug Me and Ruby Woo. They are a perfect pinky-nude and matte red, respectively, and I can't get enough of them!

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medieval is one of my favorites too. I've been through two tubes! I also really like Covergirl Lashblast mascara and Maybelline Stiletto eyeliner. I'm not allergic to either of them (major plus), they're relatively cheap, and they look as good at the end of they day as they did when I put them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, i'll have to check these out, thanks for passing them on!

    (and yes, it was totally like supermarket sweep).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails