Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May Flowers

What I'm about to say may be a bit controversial: I've never been a huge fan of spring. In fact, it might be my least favorite season. I love summer for all the obvious reasons; fall has that crisp, back-to-school-shopping feeling, plus the lead-up to the holidays; even winter, with all of its flaws, provides the perfect excuse to curl up inside with a book and some tea. But spring has never done much for me. It always seems like spring just jumps right over what it's supposed to be, breaking from the tedious cold and going right into weather that's too warm too soon, forcing pale legs to go tights-less before they're ready.

This year has been different, though. Maybe it's the perfect weather that we've been having recently, but I feel like I'm enjoying the spring season more than ever. I've especially been taking note of all the flowers and greenery in bloom everywhere.



(Yes, I know this is actually a weed!)











1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the spring. It's usually way too ephemeral to enjoy it properly. Except this spring has been considerably milder than springs past. We've even experienced a bit of light rain recently and cool, overcast, windy days where the air is clean and invigorating and it just smells like springtime. I LOVE it!

    P.S. I heart the St. Francis of Assisi garden statue. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails