Thursday, September 15, 2011

Personal Crisp

Anyone else remember Pizza Hut's Personal Pan Pizzas? How good were they? My elementary school had a program where you read five books in a month and you'd get a free Personal Pan Pizza. Needless to say, that was a laughably easy goal for me and my family went there quite a bit in those days. I applied a similar philosophy to a single-serving dessert I whipped up--a mini blueberry crisp.

I adapted this from a blueberry crisp recipe that I've blogged about in the past. Fun fact: The original recipe came from a microwave cooking class that my mom took back in the 80's, when microwaves were still very futuristic. (Sadly, I don't think she's gotten as much return from that hovercraft driving class.)

To create a personal sized serving, I filled a ramekin about 2/3 full with blueberries. In another bowl I melted one pat of butter, then mixed it with two spoonfuls each of oats, flour, and brown sugar, plus a sprinkle of cinnamon. Spread the crisp over the blueberries and microwave for about a minute. Keep a close eye on it, though. This small amount of blueberries cooks up really fast. A few seconds too long and they'll explode.


It's so cool out tonight (in the 50's!) that I think this will officially be my final summery dessert of the year. It's a great way to say farewell to the season and use up those last blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails