Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hot Chocolate Scones

There's a little coffee shop near me that I love. They serve good coffee, they have a nice neighborhood feel, they're dog-friendly, and it didn't take them long to learn my regular order. All of that makes them pretty great, but what really sets them over the top is that they make some of the best scones I've ever had. They're moist and buttery and are served sliced in half, filled with berry jam. I usually stop and pick one up as a Friday morning breakfast treat for myself. Last Friday, I noticed that a new flavor scone had arrived on the scene- hot chocolate. Obviously, I ordered one.

I thought it might just be a fancy name for a chocolate chip scone, but I was thrilled to find out that I was wrong. The scone itself had a slight chocolate flavor and was spread with a layer of practically molten chocolate, with a few gooey marshmallows added in. I had to go back on Sunday to get the one you see here (strictly for blog documentation purposes, of course).

It's going to be very hard to keep my Friday morning treat from becoming a Monday morning, or Wednesday morning, or any morning treat.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails