Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Fancies

I'm in a weird reading mood right now, working my way through The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli. A free copy that came my way has been sitting on my shelf for a good couple of years, so I figured it was about time to get around to it. It's not bad. I even might go so far as to call it compelling at certain moments. The problem is, in the past week I managed to add a ton of books to my To Read list that sound so good, I'd rather be reading any of them. I'm probably short changing The Lotus Eaters, but right now I'm just looking forward to getting through it so that I can move on to something else. Hopefully the rain predicted for this weekend will hold off just long enough for some gallivanting in the city, then arrive and give me an excuse to stay in and get some serious reading done.

On another note, I can't even begin to list my favorite things from this weekend without mentioning last Sunday's episode of Mad Men. I think it was the best one so far this season!


(image via here)

Some other noteworthy things from the week:

I absolutely hate waking up to my alarm (and even try to force myself to wake up a few minutes early so that I can shut it off before I have to hear it), so I was very intrigued when I read about this iphone app. I can't wait to give it a try.


This umbrella, which has been making the blog rounds this week, would brighten up a rainy day.


And for dessert, this twist on ice cream looks strange but delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I love that umbrella, it's adorable and would definitely make walking around in the rain a million times more fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails