Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Makings of a Reading Nook

Many months ago, I bought a vintage chair at Goodwill, with the intention of having it redone to use in a reading nook in my bedroom. After quite a bit of heel dragging, the "after" is finally ready to be revealed. Here's a reminder of the "before", covered in a worn out rose colored velvet:


And here's a peek at the "after", covered in a taupe and blue bird patterned fabric that I found on Fabrics.com.




I'm really pleased with how it turned out, although I will say that it was by no means a bargain. Even though the chair and the fabric were only $50 combined, the price of labor to have it reupholstered made it cost as much as a brand new chair. I think it was worth it, though, to end up with something that's one of a kind and exactly what I wanted.

Next up, choosing some art to create a wall grouping to finish off the reading nook. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the fabric that you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and most importantly - it's comfortable! and you need a little table for your tea. how wonderful. good for you for making a used chair what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love your nook in the making. I need one of those! And your chair turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks gorgeous! I look forward to photos of your finished 'nook'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling! what a beautiful chair! can't wait to see your finished reading nook.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous!!! That's lovely. I am contemplating buying a £300 chair for reading in at the moment. Obviously I can't afford it but a chair IS for life and an investment in my emotional and physical wellbeing...so really £300 is a bargain!!

    I can't wait to see the whole nook come together. What wonderful taste you have! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails