Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Fancies


After posting so many pictures of landscape and scenery from my vacation, I figured I should probably share a few of myself taken in Maine. Of course, given the amount of the aforementioned photos, it shouldn't be too surprising that most of the pictures of me are of me taking pictures!


Now for some (video-centric) links that I enjoyed this week:

I've started watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a cute and clever adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, told in the format of a modern-day Lizzie's video diary.

If you want something else to watch, here's some vintage footage of Anna Pavlova dancing. (To go off on a ballet tangent that may be more than you're interested in knowing, I used to think that old time ballerinas just weren't as technically good as modern ones because of things like the low height of their arabesques and their lack of jumping. After reading this book, I was fascinated to learn that, back in those days, it was actually considered crude and inelegant for dancers, female or male, to life their legs high or exaggerate their turnout. Those techniques developed in later years. )

I love sea glass and always look for it when I'm on the beach. After seeing this, though, I'm starting to think that I've been looking on the wrong beaches.

This peek inside the book The British Character Studied and Revealed introduced me to the fantastic cartoons of Pont that highlight some stereotypical British traits. You can see more here. I'm kind of obsessed with looking at them now.

And last, but by no means least.....Flight of the Conchords is back!!! (Kind of). You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails