Monday, February 18, 2013

Shrimp & Grits

Today I have a recent cooking exploit to share, although I may be a week too late since shrimp & grits would have been a perfect Fat Tuesday/ Mardi Gras meal.


I first tasted grits during visits to Charleston, SC, and at first bite it was pretty easy to see that the non-grits-eating parts of the country were really missing out. They taste a bit like polenta, are readily available in the grocery store, and cook up in minutes. Here I made cheddar grits formed into a little grits cake and topped with shrimp in a slightly creamy, slightly spice sauce. Corn, peas, and bacon mixed in provided the finishing touches. I used this recipe, which was surprisingly easy given the slightly fancy end result.

3 comments:

  1. it looks delicious! i've heard of grits, but never had them. joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look so fancy! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails