Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Homemade Girl Scout Cookies

Pinterest can be a dangerous thing when it comes to recipes. Not only do I tend to pin way more than I actually get around to making, but the ones I do try out seem to have 50/50 odds of being a winner or being a dud. I recently discovered one of the former, though--this recipe for peanut butter sandwich cookies


 With two light peanut butter and oat cookies sandwiching some creamy peanut butter frosting, the end result comes out tasting like a more delicious version of the "Do-Si-Do" variety of Girl Scout Cookies. The recipe is really easy and calls for items you probably have in your kitchen right now, which can be a bit dangerous. I think I've managed to whip up a batch every weekend for the past few weeks!

These definitely deserve a place on your To Bake list.

4 comments:

  1. whew, i'm glad you don't have a recipe for thin mints! i'd have to try and make those. joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did see a recipe for thin mints on Pinterest the other day. It was easy- remove the cream from Oreos and then dip the chocolate cookies into melted chocolate flavored with mint extract.

      Delete
  2. These look fabulous! I've only ever tried thin mints, but these look like they should be next on my list (which also includes Tagalongs). Frankly anything with peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about a recipe for homemade Tagalongs. They seem like they might be tricky.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails