Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Food (Trucks) + Wine

There's a local New Jersey winery that my family had often heard about and talked about going to, but never seemed to actually make it there. Earlier this summer, we heard that it was hosting a food truck festival and decided it was the perfect excuse to finally pay a visit.


The winery itself was really expansive and pretty, with lots of rustic, old farm buildings on the grounds.  The fields of grapevines are much more accessible than at other wineries and are surrounded by trails and paths that visitors are encouraged to explore.


But on the day in question, all of the focus was on the food trucks.








We tried some (very disappointing) lobster rolls, delicious gourmet grilled cheese, some kind of sliced potato-on-a-stick (because what's a food festival without something on a stick?), and a Belgian waffle topped with nutella and whipped cream (the only item I actually thought to grab a picture of).


Even though all of this was shared among several people, I'll be the first to admit that it was an eclectic combination of foods to be eaten at once. That, in combination with the heat and the crowds, was likely the culprit in making me feel suddenly ill, with chills, lightheadedness, and queasiness. I was lucky in that the feeling quickly passed, but not before I spent a few minutes in the ladies' room, resting with my head between my knees, fully aware that I looked like someone who had overdone it on the wine.

 I only had one glass of sangria! 

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)



3 comments:

  1. Ha! I believe you. I have to ask: did you have a fried oreo? I am very picky about my lobster roll so I am very sympathetic about your disappointing lobster roll. We have a similar event coming up here soon. I think it's Food trucks and beer. I'm going for the food trucks. I swear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not try the fried oreo! It was tempting, but I only came across it after trying all of the other items.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Sorry for my bad English. But.. I am the president of the association of food trucks in Belgium and we used one of your photos to promote a festival that we organize. I wish I had your consent to the free use of your photo with your imprinted copywrite.
    Regards
    Fabrice

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails