Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Fancies

Over the past week or so, I've felt like I really hit the summer reading stride. I recently finished a couple of books that I really enjoyed and am currently in the middle of a couple more that are--so far--equally good. It's put me in an intense reading mood, and just in time, too, since I signed up for my library's adult summer reading program, which may or may not involve prizes for the people who read the most by the end of August.

Further proof that I have books on the brain: I had a dream one night this week that I was in a used bookstore and was pulling vintage orange Penguins off the shelves.


(image via here)

Here are a few literary-themed links from the past week:

While vicariously browsing on The Book Depository, I noticed that Virago has released some pretty editions of some of L.M. Montgomery's classics.

A forensic artist has reconstructed a model of Jane Austen, based on known portraits and written descriptions by those who knew her.

And as most of the internet has heard by known, J.K. Rowling has released a new story featuring a 30-something Harry Potter & Co. (Personally, I'm still more excited about reading The Silkworm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails